As the International Space Station circles Earth, it has been tracking individual ships crossing the seas beneath. An investigation hosted by the European Space Agency (ESA) in its Columbus module has been testing the viability of monitoring global maritime traffic from the station's orbit hundreds of miles (kilometers) above since June 2010.
- Using Coastal Explorer 2017 (version 4) with the Standard Horizon GX2200
- TIMEZERO TZ iBoat + Vesper XB-8000 + FURUNO 1st Watch Wireless Radar: A new mobile solution for charting, AIS and radar
- U.S. Coast Guard Takes Aim at AIS Transponder Errors
- Do commercial vessels ignore Class B AIS?
- Coast Guard releases program to help AIS users confirm compliance
Posted by Doug Miller on 4/2/2012 to AIS News