While Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) go a long way towards increasing vessel safety and helping to prevent vessel collisions, many boaters also like to use radar for detecting vessels and other floating objects such as aids to navigation that do not have an AIS transponder. This article discusses a new solution from TIMEZERO aka Nobeltec that allows you combine charting, AIS and radar on an Apple iPad.
- Using a wireless Apple iPad with the Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF/AIS Radio - UPDATED
- VHF Antenna: The most important factor for getting AIS to work well
- Using Coastal Explorer 2017 (version 4) with the Standard Horizon GX2200
- TIMEZERO TZ iBoat + Vesper XB-8000 + FURUNO 1st Watch Wireless Radar: A new mobile solution for charting, AIS and radar
- U.S. Coast Guard Takes Aim at AIS Transponder Errors
TIMEZERO TZ iBoat + Vesper XB-8000 + FURUNO 1st Watch Wireless Radar: A new mobile solution for charting, AIS and radar
Posted by Doug Miller on 10/2/2018 to Configuration Examples