Rose Point ECS™ improves operational efficiency, situational awareness, and decision making with straightforward, uncluttered displays and controls that provide instant access to the information professional mariners and fleet operators need to navigate safely.
Rose Point ECS is the industry-leading navigation software and the number one selling navigation software for inland vessels in the United States. With Rose Point ECS you get the most comprehensive user experience and sophisticated navigation tools available all in one package.
Planning and Navigation
Rose Point ECS lets you plan an unlimited number of routes and waypoints, provides for boundary areas with speed limit alarms, and includes many other planning and drawing tools. Only Rose Point ECS lets you organize those routes and marks into voyage plan documents which are easily archived, printed, shared, and transferred between PCs.
- Unlimited routes and waypoints
- Boundary areas with optional speed limits
- ETA calculator
- Route obstacle checking
- Voyage plan printing
When underway, Rose Point ECS provides you with the information you need with a quick glance at its clear, customizable displays and logical controls.
- Fully customizable instrument panels and screen layouts
- Passing point predictors indicate where you will meet other vessels in confined waterways, even around bends in a river
- The rate of turn course predictor helps reduce over steering by indicating where the vessel will be in the future based on the current speed and rate of turn
- A boat and its tow can be shown to scale for an accurate depiction of the vessel size and shape when zoomed in on the chart
- The Voyage Recorder records all navigation data as well as radar, sounder, and video images for playback at a later time
- Advanced AIS support includes closest point of approach calculations and alarms and AIS vessel track saving
Prepare for Departure
Rose Point ECS streamlines every departure by consolidating the selection of a destination and route, making adjustments to your vessel and tow configuration, looking up destination codes, and updating your AIS transponder.
The features of +Inland are ideal for vessels operating on the inland waterways.
- Automatic "River Route" generation
- Mile markers instead of latitude/longitude
- Graphical Tow Configuration editor
- Boat and tow are shown to scale on charts
- River stage observations and forecasts
- Waterway ETA Calculator
- US Waterway Mile Markers
Automatic River Routes
Rose Point ECS can automatically calculate routes on US inland waterways and will even find all the bridges, locks, and river stage stations along the way to assist in your Subchapter M Navigation Assessments.
Rose Point ECS can use the official NOAA ENC® and NOAA RNC® charts directly; there is no need to purchase US charts in a proprietary format. Rose Point ECS even makes it easy to download and install these free charts. Official worldwide charts are available for purchase from within Rose Point ECS.
Learn about international charts
- NOAA ENC® and NOAA RNC®
- US Army Corps of Engineers IENC (2.0 and 2.1)
- PRIMAR ENC
- Admiralty Vector Chart Service (AVCS)
- Canadian Hydrographic Service Digital Charts
- S-57 ENC (including S-63 encrypted)
- Maptech BSB (raster nautical charts)
- Maptech RML and PCX
- NV. Charts
- BSB Versions 1-5
- SoftChart and PhotoChart
It takes more than just charts to plan a safe and efficient voyage. Rose Point ECS provides tightly integrated, easy to use, and completely searchable supplementary navigation information including:
- USACE Master Docs Plus
- US Coast Pilot®
- Tide and Current Predictions
- Weather Forecasts – Text and Graphical
- River Mile Markers
- Gulf of Mexico Lease Block Boundaries
- Worldwide Gazetteer
- USACE Waterway Surveys
- USGS Satellite Photos and Topo Maps