The R400N provides a method of monitoring the position, speed and heading of AIS vessels within VHF range. It can decode of Class A, Class B, Aids to Navigation, SARTS and all other AIS message types. When connected to a PC using the industry standard RJ45 Ethernet connector, the R400N enables AIS data to be viewed directly, or shared on a local network. The unit can also be mounted at a remote location and AIS data sent via the Internet to a fixed IP address for use on a dedicated server.
The R400N has been specifically designed for use by the professional market and uses Comar’s well proven and internationally specified high sensitivity dual channel parallel receiver.
Note: This product was previously known as the SLR350N
- Industry Grade Dual Channel AIS Receiver
- Ideal for land-based monitoring of sea traffic
- Comprehensive network capability with Ethernet connectivity
- Built-in USB port for local monitoring
- Ideal for feeding vessel tracking data to a website or a vessel monitoring server
- Rugged plastic housing
- Supplied complete with software
- For shoreside monitoring of shipping by Government bodies
- Managing traffic at local port approaches
- Assisting in Search and Rescue operations
- Locating ships for local tug/supply operators
- Analyzing shipping in specific areas
- Monitoring fishing zones
- Feeding data to AIS vessel tracking websites
NOTE: The Comar R400N is the new name for the Comar SLR350N. The SLR350N is no longer available however the R400N has all the same functionality.