The XB-6000 AIS Transponder has NMEA 2000® & 0183, USB and GPS antenna all built right in.
The world's first Class B AIS with built-in NMEA 2000 gateway converting navigation instrument data so it can be viewed on your PC or Mac. It is the most full-featured Class B AIS "black box" transponder and Vesper Marine makes the only AIS transponders that can be used as a GPS source for all NMEA 2000 networks.
This AIS transponder is a unique Class B AIS transponder allowing NMEA navigation information to be used on almost any wired device. Mounting the XB-6000 is made easy with innovative cable connection points that create neat low profile installations.
The XB-6000, XB-8000 and the WatchMate Vision2 are the only AIS transponders with a fast 5Hz GPS update rate providing greater detail and higher resolution plotting resulting in smooth tracking on chart plotters, MFD's and navigation software.
It's fully waterproof and has a built-in GPS antenna which eliminates the need to install an external GPS antenna in many installations. But it also includes Vesper Marine's high performance external GPS antenna for any installations that require it.
This unique and easy to install AIS transponder combines:
- NMEA 2000 & 0183, and USB
- Translates and routes NMEA 2000 instrument data over USB and NMEA 0183
- Makes all your NMEA 0183 data available over USB. Use your computer to view instrument data whether it is coming from NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183
- Internal high-performance parallel two channel AIS transponder
- You can switch this transponder into Silent Mode (receive-only) from your PC, Mac or with a hard-wired switch
- Includes 50 channel high speed 5Hz GPS receiver with built-in GPS antenna which eliminates the need to install the external GPS antenna in many installations.
- Includes our powerful external GPS antenna and 10m (33') cable for those installations that require it
- View AIS and navigate from any AIS-capable chart plotter, multi-function display, and PC or Mac running a wide variety of 3rd party navigation software