Quick & Easy Online Form
Free Class B AIS Programming
FCC regulations require Class B AIS units to be programmed with MMSI and vessel information before shipping to US addresses. Milltech Marine provides this service free of charge.
Common Questions About MMSI
To make it more convenient for you to provide vessel information, we have prepared this quick and easy online form. Please complete and submit at time of order.
We are required to have proof of valid MMSI, so please also send a copy of the issuing document.
If you do not have a copy of your MMSI assignment, contact the issuing authority or organization. To search the FCC licensing database, click here. For BoatUS information, click here.
Go here if you do not have an FCC Ships Station License and MMSI and wish to obtain one.
ADD TO CART FOR BEST PRICE!
Vesper Marine XB-8000 AIS Transponder with Wi-Fi
XB-8000 Class B AIS plus SP160 Amplified Splitter, External GPS Antenna, External Alarm & Alarm Switch Bundle
The XB-8000 AIS Transponder has WiFi, NMEA 2000® & 0183, USB and GPS receiver all built right in and includes a powerful external GPS antenna with 10m (33') cable.
Great product for any boater needing a low power consumption, low profile Class B AIS transponder with WiFi, NMEA 2000 / 0183 and USB connections. Also the perfect device for boat builders wanting to future-proof with AIS and WiFi technology.
This AIS transponder is a unique Class B AIS transponder with WiFi allowing AIS information to be viewed from anywhere on your boat. Mounting the XB-8000 is made easy with innovative cable connection points that create low profile installations.
Unlike other marine products with WiFi, the XB-8000 can securely connect up to 5 other devices simultaneously. You can have a wireless connection to your laptop, smart phone and tablet - all simultaneously! And for even larger networks, you can wirelessly connect the XB-8000 to an external WiFi router for unlimited expansion capability.
This innovative, easy to use AIS Transponder combines:
- NMEA 2000 & 0183, WiFi and waterproof USB connectivity
- Internal high-performance parallel two channel AIS transponder
- Allows transponder to be put in Silent Mode
- Includes 50 channel GPS receiver with external GPS antenna with 10m (33') cable.
- WiFi configuration options: Access Point or Client
- WiFi security with configurable WPA/WPA2 protection
- View AIS and navigate from your computer, smart phone or tablet from anywhere on your boat over wireless connections for up to five devices
- Free iPhone app provides configuration, status monitoring and interactive remote control over operation
- Now supports Anchor Watch, Man Overboard (MOB) alarms and more.
The XB-8000 also incorporates Vesper Marine’s new multi-processor architecture for fast performance and includes dedicated AIS processors ensuring reliable, instant AIS data acquisition.
Connect wirelessly to other devices using WiFi 802.11 b/g
Secure WiFi connection for up to five devices simultaneously.
NMEA 2000 connectivity
Allows easy integration of AIS data with other NMEA 2000 equipment.
Navigation applications such as iNavX on iPads
Allows users to remotely access AIS information on other applications via smart devices.
Watch the video here that takes you through the steps to enable AIS information to be displayed on iNavX for iPad.
Look at a summary of mobile apps Vesper has tested.
Integrated AIS Transponder
Includes a built-in AIS Transponder with two channel parallel receiver and transmitter. This high performance transponder means greater range and increased safety. Connects to 12 or 24 volt power supply.
Very Low Power Consumption
Designed for minimal power consumption, the XB-8000 is extremely well suited for energy conscious vessels.
Fully Water Proof, including USB Connection
The waterproof USB connection can be used to connect the XB-8000 to on-board computers. The XB-8000 provides a GPS and AIS data feed directly to computer-based navigation software.
Includes 50 channel GPS receiver (with WAAS/EGNOS) and external GPS antenna with 10m (33') cable.
Silent Mode Control via iPhone / iPad or PC
Allows XB-8000 to be put in Silent Mode. When in this mode, the AIS receivers and GPS continue to operate normally. The only change is that transmissions are inhibited. Perfect for those times when you want privacy.
Self Diagnosis Status Lights
Multi-color LED keeps you informed of operational status providing self diagnosis that shows warnings if AIS, GPS or antenna are not functioning.
Dual WiFi Configuration
XB-8000 provides dual WiFi configuration as either a secure Access Point supporting up to five other devices or connected to an existing WiFi router providing WiFi expansion capability.
Wireless Access to AIS Information
View AIS and navigate from your PC or tablet from anywhere on your boat over wireless connections.
Mounting the XB-8000 is made easy with innovative cable connection points that create low profile installations. As well as being waterproof, the XB-8000 also has multiple connection options; NMEA 2000 / 0183, WiFi and USB connectivity.
Remote Transponder Control
Controls transponder and silent mode features remotely via iPhone / iPad (Android coming) allowing users to remotely control the XB-8000.
With AIS your safety is increased day and night when offshore or in busy traffic areas.
You'll have each vessel's name and call sign and others using AIS will also have yours. If you wish to call another vessel, you will be able to ensure you are talking to the correct vessel. This is very important when operating in busy areas or in bad weather when visibility is reduced.
Operates on very low power
Energy conscious users know how important low power operation can be, particularly on a long voyage when charging from solar or wind. The XB-8000 consumes far less than a radar, chart plotter or computer.
200mm wide x 130mm high x 60mm depth (7 7/8" x 5 1/8" x 2 3/8")
Watertight (USCG CFR-46, IPx7)
-25°C to +55°C (-13°F to 131°F)
Number of receivers
2 AIS, 1 DSC (timeshared)
Number of transmitters
12-24 VDC, 4W nominal
TX Power output
33 dBm (2W)
50 channel (external GPS antenna with 10m (33') cable included) with WAAS and EGNOS
VHF antenna required
50 ohm, 156-162MHz, max 2:1 VSWR, PL-259 connector
1 fully isolated USB port (mini), 1 isolated NMEA 0183 input (RS422) 1 NMEA 0183 output (RS422)
NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, Wireless 802.11 b/g
Access Point for up to 5 devices or client of existing router
WPA / WPA2 Personal (PSK)
IEC 61162-1, NMEA 0183, NMEA 0183 HS
IEC 62287, IEC 60945, IEC 61108, IEC 61162, ITU-R M.1371, ITU-R M.825, ITU-R M.1084
BSH, BABT, CE, FCC, US Coast Guard
• 2m Power/Data cable
• External GPS antenna
• Waterproof USB cable
Bundled Amplified AIS / VHF / FM Antenna Splitter
At last An Antenna Splitter with Gain Not Loss
Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible.
Designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders including the popular WatchMate XB-6000 and WatchMate XB-8000. In addition, it has a unique on-screen VHF-in-use indicator when used with the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders.
Increases the performance of other manufacturer's AIS receivers and transponders too!
To simplify installation, you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range.
This Vesper Marine splitter is specifically designed for use with both AIS receivers and transponders.
You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
- AIS Sensitivity Gain: The SP160 provides amplification to the AIS signal resulting in much higher AIS sensitivity, improving AIS receive range
- Low power consumption: Very low power consumption designed to save your battery power
- Simple connections: No adapters or special patch cords needed for VHF/AIS. Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (two 2M (6.5') cables included)
- Easy installation: Very compact and easy to install with built-in mounting flanges
- LED status indicators: 4 status LED's (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality)
- AM and FM radio connection: Provides AM/FM radio connection. An optional cable with a standard "Motorola plug" is available to make installation easy. Plugs directly into almost all car or marine stereos
- VHF-in-use indicator: VHF-in-use indicator appears on the screen of the AISWatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders whenever the VHF radio is being used. This unique feature indicates when AIS traffic is delayed due to the antenna being in-use by the VHF radio and is also an excellent indicator if a stuck-mic condition exists.
- Fail-safe VHF priority: VHF radio always has priority and the VHF can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails
- Antenna quality monitor indicates if there is a problem: The unique antenna quality LED will indicate a problem with the antenna, cable or installation
- 12 or 24 Volt supply: Designed to work with either 12 or 24 volt supply
- Waterproof: IPx7 rated. High quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use
Downloads for all Vesper products can be found here
Info on the latest XB-8000 firmware release can be found here