NOTE: We are currently SOLD OUT of this item. We will have more in stock mid-February
The SR162G is a dual-channel AIS receiver designed for both recreational and professional use. The SR162G has all the features of the SR162 but also includes an integrated GPS module and an external GPS antenna. The dual-channel design makes the SR162G and SR162 the most appropriate Smart Radio devices for use in areas where Class B AIS transponders are in use since Class B transponders provide position updates less often than commercial Class A transponders.For an easy-to-set-up PC-based system, use the SR162G, with the Sabrent USB to Serial Adapter
The SR162G can be used with computer-based navigation solutions using a standard RS232 serial port interface. It is not designed to be used with most chart plotters (such as Raymarine C, E and G Series). If you need an AIS solution for use with a chart plotter, please consider one of our NMEA-compatible AIS receivers or any of our AIS transponders.
The SR162G can be used with many popular computer-based marine navigation packages. Any navigation package that can process NMEA AIVDM and GPRMC data from a serial port should work with the SR162G.
- Power supply range: 9 - 15 volts DC
- Power consumption : 1.5 watt
- Format: NMEA 0183 version 3
- Baud rate: 38,400 baud
- Output message: AIVDM, GPRMC (SR162G)
- LEDs: 2 LEDs for receiver and data transfer
- Frequency: AIS1 on 161.975 MHz, AIS2 on 162.025 MHz
- Dual channel scan receiving (SR161)
- Full time dual channel receiving (SR162/SR162G)
- Integrated 12 channel GPS receiver (SR162G)
- Channel spacing: 25 KHz
- Sensitivity: -112dBm
- Demodulation: GMSK
- Antenna impedance: 50 ohms
- Dimensions: 115 x 75 x28 mm
- Weight: 400g
- Connectors: antenna BNC, 12 volt wiring, serial port
- Output port: 9 pin D socket RS-232 serial
- GPS antenna port (SR162G)
- 16 foot cable and magnet mounted GPS antenna (SR162G)
Packages include the AIS Receiver, a 9-pin serial cable, wiring and connector for 12 volt power.
Some of the data received by the AIS Receiver and relayed to your computer-based navigation system
Type of vessel
Speed over ground
Course over ground
Rate of turn
Click here to download the product manual ...