Simrad RS40-B VHF Radio with Built-In Class B AIS Transceiver
With Built-in GPS, Hailer, GPS-500 External Antenna, and Optional Wireless Remotes
The RS40-B is the first VHF to incorporate a Class B AIS Transceiver, so the user can see and be seen by other AIS-equipped vessels. AIS information is displayed on the RS40-B's built-in screen, or the data can be overlaid on the chart or radar screen through a compatible chartplotter.
The Simrad RS40-B has a front mountable design for easy installation, and a low-profile design to align with style of Simrad MFD's. It features seamless integration with a wider Simrad system through NMEA 2000 and 0183, a built in AIS Receiver, large screen with intuitive user interface, a remote-mountable fist mic, and optional wireless handsets with inductive charging.
Track buddy is a feature that automatically requests the position of another VHF radio. Simply enter the MMSI of the VHF into your contact list, then start tracking!
Press the NAV button on the RS40-B to turn it into a navigational instrument displaying your Speed and Course. RS40-B also contains a Man Overboard (MOB) function, hold down the NAV/MOB button to drop a waypoint on your current location and the V60 will enter MOB mode to show you how far away you are and where you need to steer to get back to the position of the MOB event. The MOB waypoint is also transmitted over NMEA 2000 to the rest of your network.
- Full Class B AIS receiver and transmitter
- Built-in GPS. The user can choose between an internal or external GPS antenna
- Seamless integration with a wider Simrad system through NMEA 2000 and 0183
- Optional support for up to two H40 wireless handsets with inductive charging
- Large display screen with intuitive user interface
- Low-profile design to match Simrad chartplotters
- Front- and rear-mounting options
- Remote-mountable fist microphone
- Track Buddy feature -- coverage for up to five boating friends
- Navigational mode -- the VHF will display speed and course
- Favorite channel mode