AIS700 Class B AIS Transceiver with Antenna Splitter
The AIS700 from Raymarine is a Class B Automatic Identification System (AIS) transceiver designed for use with Raymarine and other multifunction navigation display systems. AIS is an international marine navigation safety system that allows participating vessels to silently exchange key navigation information including vessel name, identification, course, speed and more. AIS contacts can be displayed on multifunction displays, chartplotters, radar displays and select instruments. As a Class B AIS transceiver, the AIS700 not only receives broadcasts from other vessels, it also transmits your own boat's information too helping you to be seen on other vessels' systems.
The AIS700 is engineered using the very latest SOTDMA (Self Organized Time Division Multiple Access) networking technology which allows it to perform faster and at longer ranges than d speed over previous generation AIS products. For ease-of-installation, the AIS700 has a built in VHF-band antenna splitter which allows it to share a single antenna with your current VHF radio. AIS700 also has its own internal, dedicated 72-channel GPS receiver with external antenna as required by international standards.
AIS700 also supports both hardware and software-enabled Silent Mode. This allows you to temporarily restrict broadcasting your vessels own data, while continuing to receive updates from surrounding traffic. Silent Mode can be particularly useful when transiting waters where extra security is a concern, or even in competitive tournament scenarios when you might want to prevent other from finding out the location of the hot bite. Normal AIS safety broadcasts can be easily reinstated with a few simple touches of the AIS controls in your Raymarine MFD, or with the flip of a switch for hardware-silenced systems.
The AIS700 is super-compact for easy mounting inside your helm, in a service locker, or other out-of-the-way location. It can connect to your other onboard electronics using the latest NMEA2000 networking. AIS700 also has a built-in NMEA0183 multiplexer to assist in connecting it to older MFDs and VHF radio systems. AIS700 also has a built-in USB 2.0 connection that can be used to tie the transceiver into a computer or laptop running AIS compatible navigation software. AIS700 has a Secure Digital (SD) memory slot that can be fitted with an owner-suppled flash memory card for continuous recording of the AIS data stream.
- Full transmit and receive AIS for enhanced situational awareness and safety
- Latest SO-TDMA networking for longer range and faster performance
- Built-in antenna splitter simplifies installation with existing VHF radio antenna
- NMEA2000, NMEA0183, PC and SeaTalkng Compatible
- Software or hardware switchable Silent Mode for enhanced security when needed
In the Box
- AIS700 Class B AIS Transceiver with built-in VHF antenna splitter
- GNSS (GPS) Antenna, gasket and pole mount kit
- Power and data cable (2 meters)
- VHF Radio antenna interconnect cable (1 meter)
- DeviceNet (NMEA2000) to SeaTalk NG Cable (1 meter)
- Mounting Hardware
- Pro-AIS Programming Software CD-ROM
- Documentation kit