This is a heavy-duty style marine VHF antenna with 6dB gain. Otherwise known as the "Hot Rod".
This antenna is available in white or black and we feature three different models
- 156 MHz: for use with VHF radios
- 159 MHz: for use with AIS/VHF radios or AIS/VHF splitters
- 162 MHz: for use as a dedicated AIS antenna for AIS receivers or transponders
Be sure to select the correct color and tuning before adding this to your cart.
These antennas feature a nominal SWR of 1.15:1 at the tuned frequency and bandwidth of 10 MHz with less than 1.5:1 VSWR. These specs make the 159 MHz model ideal for use with AIS/VHF antenna splitters
as well as Class B SOTDMA AIS Transponders
that have Message 27 turned on. For more information on antenna selection, see our article here
These antennas mount on any Morad 1-inch diameter stanchion for extra height or can be used with the Morad M91 Adapter to mount to a 1 inch x 14 male threaded mount.
Morad VHF Marine Antennas:
- Made entirely in the USA.
- Hand built with modern tooling.
- Product is tested to work before shipment.
- Dependable, rugged, and technically superior to other antennas on the market.
- Morad products are trusted on military, law enforcement, commercial and leisure vessels around the world.