The Garmin VHF 300 AIS combines radio communication and 1 or 25 watts of transmit power with
multi-station support to give you the flexibility and convenience you need to safely navigate and
communicate on the open water.
Communicate with Confidence
The VHF 300 AIS is equipped with a 2-way 30 W hailer system for communication with other boats
or deckhands. In addition, the VHF 300 AIS has a patent-pending voicemail feature that lets you
pre-record a 15 second message and deliver the message to any Digital Selective Calling radio.
You'll also have the ability to replay the last 90 seconds of any incoming voice transmission at
the touch of a button.
Identify Your Surroundings
With the VHF 300 AIS, you'll get detailed data on your surroundings, regardless of visibility.
You'll have ship identification information, position, course and speed for vessels equipped with
AIS within range. The VHF 300 AIS also receives both Class A and Class B signals at the same time
to ensure no critical information is lost.
Take Full Control
The VHF 300 AIS is operated via the included GHS 10 handset microphone that allows full radio
control from a remote location. The GHS 10 features a crisp 2 in (5.08 cm) LCD display, dedicated
rotary key for frequent tasks, and 3 soft buttons for dynamic controls. The VHF 300 AIS uses the
supplied 4 in (10.16 cm) active speaker with volume knob, the built-in speaker on the GHS 10 or
an optional third-party passive speaker. Or, add up to 3 optional GHS 20/GHS 20i wireless
handsets, allowing you the freedom to move about your vessel while staying in touch.¹
With a space-saving black box configuration, you'll be able to mount the VHF 300 AIS wherever
you choose. And with multi-station support, you can add the wired GHS 10 handset microphones
throughout your vessel without having to add existing receivers. The system also can be used as
an on-boat intercom if you have multiple stations aboard your vessel.
Stay Safe on the Seas
The VHF 300 AIS provides full NOAA weather alerts and Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
capability via NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 connectivity. Should trouble arise, DSC provides distress
calls with the push of a button. And if your boat already is interfaced with a compatible GPS
chartplotter, you'll get mayday signaling and a digital broadcast of your boat's position. The
VHF 300 AIS also features Position Tracking, which allows a mariner to locate and keep tabs on up
to three other boats in the area.
¹Range of the GHS 20/GHS 20i wireless handset varies depending on
installation, boat type and environment.
- Unit Dimensions, WxHxD: 9.75 x 7.09 x 2.5" (24.8 x 18 x 16.4 cm)
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
- Temperature Range: from 14ºF to 122ºF (from -10ºC to 50ºC)
- Compass-safe Distance: 20 in. (500 mm)
- Digital Selective Calling: Class D
- Frequency Bands: All USA, Canadian, and international marine channels; 10 NOAA weather
- Operating Voltage: from 10.8 to 15.6 Vdc (12 Vdc boat battery)
- Current Drain: Transmit High Power: 6 A max; Transmit Low Power: 2 A max
- Transmitter Power (at 13.6 Vdc): High Power: 25 W (23-25 W); Low Power: 1 W (.7-1 W)
- Full-function Handset: Impedance: 4 ©; Input Power: 4 W
- External Speaker: Output Power: 4 W (4 ©/max)
- Hailer Output Power: 30W max
- Hailer Horn Impedance: Hailer Output Power: 4 ©
In the Box
- VHF 300 AIS
- GHS 10 mic
- Active speaker
- Power cable
- Deck cable (10 m/32.81 ft)
- Mic hanger
- Mounting hardware