Quick & Easy Online Form
Free Class B AIS Programming
FCC regulations require Class B AIS units to be programmed with MMSI and vessel information before shipping to US addresses. Milltech Marine provides this service free of charge.
Common Questions About MMSI
To make it more convenient for you to provide vessel information, we have prepared this quick and easy online form. Please complete and submit at time of order.
We are required to have proof of valid MMSI, so please also send a copy of the issuing document.
If you do not have a copy of your MMSI assignment, contact the issuing authority or organization. To search the FCC licensing database, click here. For BoatUS information, click here.
Go here if you do not have an FCC Ships Station License and MMSI and wish to obtain one.
AIT2000 Class B
The AIT2000 uses the latest AIS Transponder technology to squeeze more performance and interfacing options in to a housing that is half the size of our previous generation transponder.
This ultra-compact Class B Transponder has three outputs; NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000 and USB connection, allowing it to work with every AIS compatible chart plotter or software package on the market today. Featuring a remote silence button option, two NMEA 0183 Inputs and Outputs, four status LEDs and rugged vibration-proof mounting brackets, the AIT2000 is the third generation of Digital Yacht AIS transponder and replaces the very popular AIT1000.
Configuration of your vessel's fixed data, such as MMSI, call sign, boat name, dimensions etc. is made easy with the included Windows and Mac compatible proAIS2 software. Once configured, the unit will provide AIS data to a PC or Mac running suitable navigation software or a dedicated chart plotter, such as the latest Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Standard Horizon and Furuno units.
As well as transmitting your own vessel's position so that other AIS equipped vessels know where you are, the AIT2000, when connected to an existing VHF antenna (via a splitter) or dedicated AIS antenna, will receive all AIS targets within range of your boat - typically up to 30NM.
With two industry standard NMEA 0183 outputs, our own N2Net connector for plugging in to an NMEA 2000 network and a simple plug and play USB connection to a PC, the AIT2000 is the perfect AIS transponder solution for all light marine vessels up to 300 tons.
- Latest generation AIS technology - featuring a brand new AIS transponder (Class B) design
- Ideal for use with existing plotter and radar systems
- Built-in high performance 50 channel GPS receiver (ideal also as a backup GPS)
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a PC or Mac
- Includes N2Net interface and cable for connection to NMEA 2000 network
- High speed NMEA output (38,400 baud) - compatible with industry standard plotters
- Comes complete with GPS antenna with integral 1"x14TPI thread monut
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional accessory) or splitter (SPL250)
- Remote Silence Switch option
- Easy to install black box solution
NOTE - AIS target range, like VHF range is dependent upon a number of installation factors such as; antenna gain, antenna height and size of ground plane. Ranges in excess of 20 miles should be possible if all of these factors are perfect.