Add Coastal Explorer to your shopping cart for special discounted price!
Rose Point Coastal Explorer is a sophisticated and full-featured, yet very easy to use navigation software package designed specifically for the pleasure boater.
With support for official raster and vector charts from almost every major hydrographic agency in the world (including inexpensive Navionics S-57 vector charts
This program sets the standard for other e-charting packages.
Mark and Diana Doyle, Mad Mariner
, route planning features with multi-level undo capability, integrated gazetteer and Coast Pilot books, virtual instrument display, and obstacle alerts, Coastal Explorer will help you make your next cruise safer and more enjoyable. Coastal Explorer fully supports interpreting data from the Automatic Identification System and works very well with our AIS Receivers and Transponders.
|Want to connect Coastal Explorer and
an AIS Matrix radio together?
Check out our blog
articles with step-by-step instructions for the GX2150 and GX2200 on how to use our USB Breakout Cable to easily tie these together.
Coastal Explorer Version includes the following features:
- Includes all US charts. Vector charts are included for the entire United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. Worldwide charts available.
- Automatic chart updates
- Customizable cruise mode
- Integrated blogging tools
- Tide and Tidal Current Predictions Information is displayed right on the chart and in the information panels.
- Weather Information can be overlaid on the chart. The software comes with a Free one year weather subscription.
- The Guide Book Viewer provide valuable information not found on the chart. The US Coast Pilot® and Sailing Directions for the rest of the world are integrated right into the charts.
- Waypoint and Route Uploading to your GPS or chart plotter and much, much, more!
- Multi-level Undo and Redo
- Powerful Searching
- ETA Calculator
- Route Obstacle Checking
- Integrated Weather Forecasts
- Tide Level and Tidal Current Predictions
- Import Routes Created with Other Programs
- Compatible with most GPS Receivers and Auto Pilots
- Enhanced full-Screen Cruising Mode
- Virtual Instrument Displays
- Voice Alerts
- Charted Obstacle Detection
- AIS and MARPA Target Display
- Day, Twilight, and Night Modes
- Radar and video support
To Use Coastal Explorer, you need:
Coastal Explorer sample screen shot showing AIS functionality